Wednesday, April 25, 2012

So what is life really like for women in Korea?

Hello! I%26#39;m an Icelandic engineering student. I love Korean movies and television, have been learning Korean for a while now and I thought it would be interesting to do an internship in Korea. Korea is so technologically advanced that it seemed perfect.





I visited several of the websites of Korean companies and I was happy to see that there were job postings in English and they were indeed interested in hiring foreign engineers. Something very strange, though: Several of the job postings (all the good ones, actually) said ';Gender: male'; on them!





Is this serious? Is it going to be impossible, or implausibly difficult, for me to get an engineering internship in Korea as a woman? I hope not. That would be so sad.



So what is life really like for women in Korea?


Whoops. Sorry that I accidentally posted this twice.



So what is life really like for women in Korea?


Hi palanama, I am a British Engineer and I am going out to Korea to work in July. Since I haven%26#39;t moved there yet and I am a man I can%26#39;t really comment on how female engineers will be treated within a Korean company. But I would suggest you make a posting on a forum like www.pusanweb.com to ask people who actually work there. Hope this is of help.

No comments:

Post a Comment