Monday, April 23, 2012

More on Japanese Encephalitis

I have now found out a bit more on this and what I am trying to find out is this. Is Jukjeon in Suji Gu, Yongin Si regarded as an at risk area for Japanese encephalitis. According to the regional government%26#39;s website it is 87 per cent agricultural and vaccination is advised for rural areas. Its around 50 km south east of Seoul. I know I am probably worrying too much but I am taking my child with me and risks that I would take for myself I will not take for him. I fall into the group who should think carefully about vaccination - allergic to bee-stings. Its a dilemma so any help is much appreciated.



More on Japanese Encephalitis


I do not know of anyone who will be able to help you with your concerns. I%26#39;ve asked korean friends and it doesn%26#39;t seem to be an issue to them.



In your position I would not go there, to be honest.



I know you%26#39;ve been advised by somewhere to have this treatment, and they must have a good reason to recommend innoculation. I think that if you go and don%26#39;t have the jab you%26#39;ll be on edge.



Since you ask about the jab, it sounds as though you don%26#39;t think it%26#39;ll be a piece of cake to suffer it; hence the only solution is to avoid the danger, I guess.



Sorry!



More on Japanese Encephalitis


Thanks for your help. Apparently its a routine childhood jab for most Koreans. Unfortunately, its where our friends live so we are going to go there. Its a bit grim but having the vaccine is safer than getting the virus. We%26#39;ve just decided to get us vaccinated in stages so at least if we react against the virus he will have one parent left! Just to look on the bright side.




Hi, sevif,





Jukjeon in Suji Gu will probably have lots and lots of apartments and not much rural parts left any more. So, I think it%26#39;s better to get vaccination if you can, but real risk is not very high. You should ask your friends about more information around their residence, and I%26#39;m sure it will be one of many apartment towns.

No comments:

Post a Comment