Monday, April 23, 2012

Help me find a certain restaurant in Seoul!

Hello all -





So I leave for Seoul in 7 days with my wife%26#39;s choir, and my (deceased) best friend%26#39;s mom apparently have a restaurant in Seoul that I would like to visit.





I have some basic info about it but I%26#39;m hoping someone who knows a lot about Seoul can help be track it down for sure.





The name of the restaurant is something akin to ';Dae Wii'; (that%26#39;s how it sounds to me, anyway). I%26#39;m sure I%26#39;m spelling it wrong. I believe it%26#39;s somewhere near the Itaewon area. It%26#39;s supposedly somewhat expensive. I even have a phone number (794-8394) if that helps.





What I%26#39;m really looking for is the actual name of the restaurant, and address and maybe some landmarks that are nearby to help guide me there.





We%26#39;ll be staying at the International Seoul Youth Hostel, so if someone can provide directions from there, that would be great, too.





Website of the youth hostel:



http://www.seoulyh.go.kr/english/main.htm





Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!





- Captain Impulse



Help me find a certain restaurant in Seoul!


Hi, Captain,





I just called with the number you provided, and the owner of the restaurant says, the name of the restaurant is ';Dae Heung Jung Yuk Jum Sik Dang.'; The owner says, it%26#39;s located somewhere in the Itaewon fire station alley.





Jung Yuk Jum means a butchery, and sik dang a restaurant, so it must be a restaurant run along with a butchery. I%26#39;m not sure it is a tourist friendly restaurant but maybe your best friend%26#39;s mother have some memory with that restaurant.





The alley seems to be located near the Itaewon station, subway line brown. You go out on exit no. 3 from that station, and the first street name is actually, fire station street. I guess this is as much as I can help.





Good luck with your search.



Help me find a certain restaurant in Seoul!


Thanks a lot, Puha. I%26#39;ll give that place a shot when I arrive in Seoul. I%26#39;ll also try to ask my friend%26#39;s mom if that%26#39;s the place before I leave.





Thanks again,



Captain Impulse

No comments:

Post a Comment