Monday, April 23, 2012

Japanese encephalitis - risks DMZ tour and Sorok

Dear All,





Almost by accident I found out about the huge number of jabs we need to go to Korea. We have opted for Yellow Jaundice, Typhoid, Hep B and Tetanus but I think I am going to decide against Japanese encephalitis - partly because I fall into the group advised not to have it because of previous allergic reactions.





I am worried that we are going in July at the peak of the mosquito season. I could alter my intinerary to make life easier. Whatever mosquito there is will makea bee line for me.





I find it hard to work out from the advice what %26#39;travelling in rural areas means%26#39;. Does anyone know if this means areas of rice and pig cultivation. Does it include mountainous areas. Does anyone know about the level of Kulex mosquitos in the areas around the two day DMZ tour and the Sorok National Park.





Any help would be appreciated.



Japanese encephalitis - risks DMZ tour and Sorok


where did you get your advice from?



Seems over the top to me.



I%26#39;ve been going to Korea (incl rural areas) for 10 yrs and never even seen a mosquito.





I never got advised to have any jabs, either.



Japanese encephalitis - risks DMZ tour and Sorok


Vaccination for rural areas is advised by UK health authorities.





Further research seems to indicate that risks related to farming - particularly pigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment