Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Asiarooms.com

Hi - I don%26#39;t usually book hotels online but asiaroooms.com had a really good deal on a 5-star hotel in Jeju. The thing is, i%26#39;ve read through a lot of threads on this site and the reviews are mixed, but it seemed to me people only had trouble when they were making a change (refund, cancel, change room, etc.)





But can anyone share with me their peresonal experience of actually showing up and either 1) not being booked at the hotel, or 2) got a completely different rate?





I am also weary because after my confirmation (which took about only 15 minutes) says the following:





Your reservation will be held at the hotel in the name of ';World Hotel Center';.



The hotel will be given the name(s) of the guest(s) 3 days before the check-in date.



Therefore, if you contact the hotel before that time, the hotel will not be able to confirm that you have a reservation.



The voucher serves as your confirmation.







Can someone please confirm that this is NORMAL asiaroom practice to NOT put a hotel room under your name until 3 days before?





Does anyone know what the World Hotel Center is? Is that a wholeseller?





Thanks in advance for your thoughts! I%26#39;m really freaking out here that I can%26#39;t even call the hotel to confirm...



Asiarooms.com


I%26#39;ve used Asiarooms.com to book hotels in elsewhere in Asia e.g. Bangkok, Taipei, and the reservation is always processed by/held by a local travel agent e.g. Pacific World. After one encounter where I had to wait about two hours for a room in Bangkok, and being asked to provide THB4000 cash deposit despite having fully paid for my stay prior to my trip, I stopped using Asiarooms.com anymore.





I suppose Asiarooms.com probably does not have an office in these countries, hence the need to go through a local travel agent. This probably explains why your reservation is held under %26#39;World Hotel Center%26#39; which is likely to be a Korea-based travel firm.





Have you checked with your credit card issuing bank whether Asiarooms.com has billed/posted the transaction to your card account yet? If you%26#39;ve already been charged, it is strange that the room reservation is not in place. If I wanted to book only three days before I check in, I could have done so through agents that offer last minute deals such as priceline.com (name your price) or wotif.com (up to 28 days prior to check in date).





If you have doubts you could try calling their 24/7 hotline or e=mailing their reservations centre directly. Hope this helps.



Asiarooms.com


Thanks so much for your reply.




World hotel center (www.hotelpass.com) is like Expedia.com of Korea.


  • wrinkle cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment