Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Advice on 5-star Seoul hotel. Thanks in advance!

I%26#39;m hoping for some advice on selecting a 5-star Seoul hotel for an upcoming trip. It%26#39;s my first visit to Seoul and I%26#39;m looking for very comfortable accommodation (5*). I%26#39;ve found mixed reviews on various Web sites and am hoping for some help! I need to be in the Gangnam area, south of the river. I%26#39;ve seen good rates for the Ritz-Carlton but read mixed reviews. Does anyone have any current advice? I heard the Ritz-Carlton did a renovation and might be better now? I%26#39;ll be there for approx. three weeks. Many thanks in advance!



Advice on 5-star Seoul hotel. Thanks in advance!


Depends on where you want to be. Ritz is remote from subway and subway is best way around Seoul. I%26#39;d stay ( as I nearly always do) in one of the Interconts.



I prefer Grand, as it%26#39;s right by limousine bus terminal (City Air terminal).



This means a non-stop ride to and from airport. For me, I can also check in and check my baggage as I fly Asiana. Korean Air has same facility.



Advice on 5-star Seoul hotel. Thanks in advance!


Thanks for the reply. Have you stayed at both the Ritz-Carlton and Intercontinental? I%26#39;m wondering which has more comfortable rooms. Reviews on Ritz-Carlton seem mixed...Is one Intercontinental more luxurious than the other? What about the Renaissance? I just want to make sure the one I choose is up to the Western 5-star standard, esp. since I%26#39;ll be there for three weeks or more.





We%26#39;ll be flying Korean Air.





Thank you getting back to me! Helpful, esp. since this is my first trip to Seoul.




definitely go for GI. Get a junior suite- excellent rooms, great breakfast. Almost ';too western';- except for preponderance of bowing staff.



Better location than RC- you can walk to Bongeun temple -in sight from rooms, Coex mall adjoins (good Korean fod, also lots of US chain like Outback, Bennigans for when you tire of gimchi)




or even good Korean food(!)



Do try O%26#39;Kim%26#39;s Brauhaus- a real mixture of bizarreness.



To get to hotel from a.p. simply take the City Air (red and white) bus. They%26#39;ll take your bags into the trunk and give you a receipt. 13,000 won (13 US) with only one stop (outside your hotel- but don%26#39;t try getting off there as it%26#39;s only for those without baggage). Then bus drives round into Air Terminal where you reclaim baggage from the bus itself, go down escalator and follow sign for 200 foot walk across courtyard into hotel.



On way back, you need to be at Air Terminal 3 hours before take off; you clear emigration there, check your baggage in, and board bus. At airport you get fast track, with only minor checks.



The hotel%26#39;s location means you can easily take the Circle line to downtown to do a bit of sightseeing- without the horrendous jams you%26#39;d experience in a cab.

No comments:

Post a Comment