Thursday, March 29, 2012

Snow in YongPyong in December

I will be in Seoul from 7-14 Dec, and am planning to visit YongPyong for skiing. Can someone tell me if YongPyong gets snow in early-mid December? Thanks.



Snow in YongPyong in December


Sorry, but during the period of your visit, slim chances for %26#39;real%26#39; snow. Still you will have no trouble skiing and enjoying the winter atmosphere.





Hope my reply helped.



Snow in YongPyong in December


Thank you very much for your reply. I%26#39;ve since been trying to figure which type of rooms to book at YongPyong - there are so many choices. I want a room for a family of 4. Should I go with Dragon or the Tower condonimium? And is there self-service laundry available at the resort? Much appreciation for your advise.




If possible, choose either Tower or Villa (I don%26#39;t really know much about %26#39;Yongpyong%26#39; condomium).





Each has its own merits and downsides. Tower is conveniently located in terms of rental, supermarket, but it reminds me of a normal flat or apartment. Villa has nicer surroundings and makes you feel you%26#39;re staying in a chalet or lodge. Basically, convenience or ambience. If I have to pick one, I would recommend Villa.





Don%26#39;t have answers for the laundry service, sorry.




Thank you very much - you have been most helpful :)




I have an answer and a question too.



I went to Yongpyong about 20 years ago, they only had Dragon Valley Hotel and Condo at that time, so they are the oldest. The Villa, amongst others are newly added so presumably better.







I want to go to Yongpyong at the end of December this year with kids, want to know if the snow be OK at this time of the year (all my previous trip were around chinese new year - snow was excellent then).




I%26#39;m also from SG.





Would like to check if anyone has been to Greenpia Condo also in YongPyong, believe this is the new place %26amp; want to know more about it.





Thank you.





Mosquito




Glad to know a fellow Singapore resident is also planning on visiting YP. I%26#39;ve had serious problem with hotel reservations though. I%26#39;ve sent several e-mails to the resort, but to date, have received no reply. I can%26#39;t seem to make my reservations! How did you do yours?




Hi BusyMomSG,





Try calling YP reservation nos. 822 3270 1271/2/5 to book the reservation. The price is surprising reasonable (KRW100,000 per nite for 4 persons room / KRW150,000 per nite for 5 persons room). The reception is friendly BUT the biggest downside with calling the reservation line is language, they speak very limited English hence you need to be very patient %26amp; repeat your request.





I did manage to get through to them %26amp; keep my fingers crossed that the reservation has been done correctly. I did get a confirmtion (via email) from YP re: my reservation albeit it was all in Korean!! The date %26amp; rate seem to gel tho%26#39; ^___^





Have fun!



Mosquito



(btw I am a busy mom too, my trip will be in mid Dec)




Thank you so much for you help! I just called them, and made my reservations :):):)




busymomsg



hey.. me from SG.. how are yr reservations? are u travelling with yr kids? will u be taking the ondol or normal beds? i will be going with a family of 6 adults n 2 kids (2%26amp;4yrs)



like u, i will be there 7-10dec then back to seoul..



any advise on the room rates on yr side?

No comments:

Post a Comment