Thursday, March 29, 2012

meeting someone at ICN

Hi,

My girl friend and I will arrive at the ICN airport - with a couple of hours apart. we want to go through immigration together. This means one must wait for another (she will wait for me) for a couple of hours.

It sounds easy enough. All we need to do is have her not go to immigration until I show up. However, some logistic issues come up after I research the ICN web site.

It seems that we will be both arrive at the second floor - and I believe there is only one building, one general arrival area before immigration. Problem is, I can%26#39;t find any shops/restaurants. First, that will make the wait pretty boring (and I will have an earful. :-) ). Second, it makes hard to find an anchor location, where I can ask her not to walk away from for a couple of hours. I don%26#39;t want her to complicate matters by going to the transfer area on the 3rd or 4th floor. I%26#39;d worry if she can come back down to the second floor again.

Also, if there is absolutely nothing just on the second floor before immigration - would it be problem for some one to hang around there? Wouldn%26#39;t She look pretty suspicious?

Any ideas?

meeting someone at ICN

There is nothing before immigration; there never is in international airports, I would say.

meeting someone at ICN

There is nothing but a very long wide corridor - about one kilometer long. I can%26#39;t remember if there are seats there or not. There are toilets. I don%26#39;t think they%26#39;ll mind if you hang out there, but I think security will become aware that you%26#39;re waiting and if it%26#39;s not busy they may ask why you%26#39;re waiting.


You should make plans to meet after Immigration.

As others have mentioned the only thing before is very clean tolites.


Please explain what is the problem in going through immigration by herself or by yourself?


Part of the art of answering questions well on TA is to understand the motivation of the OP, as well as to understand any history s/he has on the forum, rather than just jump in and speculate.

The OP has been given good advice about the physical layout at this airport. As far as advice, besides posting here, why not discuss your underlying concerns with the personnel of the airlines involved, who may be able to suggest a viable solution.


Hi again..

I hope I am not being referred as as a speculator here.

tt16888 has been given good advice about the layout of the airport, true. That%26#39;s why I was feeling pity for the poor girl waiting in an area of an airport with only a few policemen and nothing else. I was trying to give my contribution in pointing that if there is not a realistic reason to not going through immigration alone, time could be better spent in a nicer and friendlier area of the airport


tt16888 ~ wondering if its okay for her to wait outside. there are a couple of coffeshops outside and she can just walk around. Or if you worry about her getting lost just ask her to wait at exit 12 or maybe an airline counter, one floor up.


I didn%26#39;t pay much attention when myself arrived in ICN, but when I had chance to wait my friend arrive in ICN, I remember there were 3 to 4 sections marked alphabetically in total.

Before immigration, there is definitely nothing, but I am afraid you and your girlfriend might arrive in different sections of immigration.

I think it would be easier to meet at somewhere outside the immigration, i.e. Mc Donald%26#39;s or KFC, if it is okay with you.

  • ittwit
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment