Monday, March 26, 2012

Seoul Stopover Program

I%26#39;m thinking about using the Seoul Stopover Program offered to KE and OZ passengers transiting ICN. Has anyone used the program? The quoted hotel rates, are they already discounted to 50%? How were the hotels - pretty limited choice seems to me!



Seoul Stopover Program


sorry to say I%26#39;ve never heard of either. I fly through ICN on OZ several times a year but this hasn%26#39;t appeared on my radar. I get a free night in one direction (eg SYD-LHR).



Is there something else on offer?



Seoul Stopover Program


There%26#39;s a button right on the Asiana website for the program, but their so-called bargain hotels start over $100., and I hate 4-5 star places anyway!




possibly only on the US site, as not on the Europe one.



100 US is cheap for Seoul: beware the hotels aren%26#39;t in ';Incheon Airport City'; (eg Hotel June). It%26#39;s not a great place to stay to be honest.




I just checked the site myself and it shows Milennium Hilton for 130USD. I think it is already discounted.





I am sure there will be some limitations but if you can get your hotel room at that price, I think it is a bargain. Hotels shown are all in downtown so I think this is a promotion for stopover passengers who intend to stay several days in Seoul.




On Hilton website. advanced purchase for Millennium Hilton is US $130= 200,000Won. So maybe this figure on Asiana is not discounted.





This Hilton is not in town, and not easy to get to- not on limousine bus route.




correction: utter drivel in my last message!



Yes it is 130 US, but it IS in town. I was thinking of the Swissotel (now Grand Hilton).





And it%26#39;s on line 1 of the KAL limo route (Namsan route)




I tried to book the best 3 or four hotels (I like the Lotte at city hall), but no dice. All the Seoul Stopover rooms are already booked for my date (2/19), so I%26#39;ll do it on my own. As I say, I can%26#39;t stand 5* hotels anyway - hate to have to tip a bellman/doorman when I only have a carry-on pack.




on tipping. DON%26#39;T do it in Seoul- even in cabs, you might just make up to nearest thousand won, but even that might not be well received!



Tipping is just not done in hotels




Ethelman2 - wonderful news about tipping, I%26#39;m totally against tipping everywhere!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment